Of the numerous photo editors suitable for new and amateur photographers, Free PixBuilder Studio Photo Editor provides almost all the features that you would need to import, edit and print your high quality photos.
Currently this free photo editor is available only for Windows based computers and portable versions. The software is being actively maintained and enhanced. Although the editing studio comes with most of the frequently used utilities, the number of effects can be extended by using plugins that can be downloaded from the website.
This free simple photo editing software comes with a PDF help file for those who would need step by step guides to get started with the program.
Key Features of PixBuilder Free Photo Editor
- provides all the basic editing tools like image resizing, rotating, and crop
- provides all the basic image manipulating tools like brightness & contrast controls, Color balance, Levels, Hue/Saturation & Color fill
- provides advanced photo editing features like masks, magic wand, different lasso tools, single column selection, color range function, and the gradient color transition effect
- allows layer functions for image blending and adding mask tools for burning, dodging, blur, sharpen and text effects
- advanced tools like stamp tool, clone tool, healing brush tool
- reads popular image formats for editing – JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PCX, PSD, TGA, ICO, PBS
- creates final output formats – JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PCX, TGA, ICO, PBS that are print ready
PixBuilder provides all the essential photo editing tools and features that most of the photographers working with JPEG or TIFF files directly off the camera would need for making high quality prints.